This course is deigned for ReMa, PhDs, Postdocs, academic staff members and practitioners with relevant academic background. Participants are expected to have a solid background in business, economics or management studies (at least at the Bachelor level) .
The summer school programme will start on Monday 9 July and will end on Friday 13 July. We advise students to arrive on Saturday 7 July or on Sunday morning 8 July, so that they will be able to attend the city tour and the informal welcoming reception on Sunday 3PM. Recommended departure date: Saturday 14 July.
Topics will include:
- Introduction to corporate governance and agency theory
- Executive compensation
- Board composition and dynamics
- Board leadership
- Ownership structure and the role of shareholders
- Data and methods in corporate governance research: Dealing with endogeneity
- Comparative corporate governance
- Business elites and top management teams
- Corporate governance research: Using survey data
- Recent trends in corporate governance research
- Presentations of research proposals and papers
Study load + certificate
Five days from 9-5 with lectures, workshops, assignments and (paper) presentations, no exam.
Participants who attend all sessions and who present a research proposal or paper on Friday will receive a certificate of participation signed by the coordinators of the summer school.
Upon completion of this summer school participants will be able to:
- define and describe the basic elements of a corporate governance system;
- critically assess theories applied in the field of corporate governance;
- explain and discuss the major research approaches in the field of corporate governance;
- describe recent trends and topics in research on corporate governance;
- present, discuss and critically evaluate a paper published in a scientific journal; and
- write and present their own research proposal and/or a research paper.
It is expected that the participants have a sufficient command of the English language to actively participate in the discussions and to present their own work in English.
|Laatst gewijzigd:||27 februari 2018 13:55|