Register in StudielinkStudielink is the online application and registration service for universities in the Netherlands.
Important note: We have noticed that in some cases Microsoft email accounts are blocked from receiving emails from the University of Groningen. Therefore, we highly recommend registering an email address that is not related to Microsoft (please note that this includes providers such as hotmail, outlook, msn and live).
- Go to Studielink and create a Studielink account (if
you have not already done so).
- If you already have a Studielink account, please use your existing account and do not create a new one. This means that you will have the same student number for all your applications.
- You can have up to 4 active applications in your Studielink account (including a maximum of 2 programmes with a fixed quota). Nationwide you can only apply for one Bachelor's programme in Medicine or Dentistry (Dutch taught).
- You will receive an email with your Studielink login details within minutes after creating your Studielink account. Make sure to check your spam folder for this email as well.
- Log in with your new account and change your password.
- Fill out details about your previous education.
- Select the programme you wish to apply to.
- Submit the application by clicking the 'confirm' button.
If you need help during this step, please consult the instruction manuals for Studielink.
- Go to Studielink and create a Studielink account (if you have not already done so).
Finish your application in the Online Application System (OAS)After you submitted your application in Studielink, you will receive a message from Studielink stating that the University of Groningen has to verify your educational background and/or personal details. To do this the University uses its own Online Application System (OAS). You will receive a separate email with the login details for OAS. Please check your spam folder for this email as well. This email will also be visible in your Studielink inbox. Please contact the Admissions Office if you have not received this email.
- Login to OAS
Complete your application by uploading the required
application documents in PDF format.
Please consult the overview of required application documents and their explanations for more information.
If the Bachelor's or Master's degree programme of your choice has one or more specializations, you will have to select the specialization you want to apply for in OAS.
Submit your application.
Your application will only reach the Admissions Office if you have submitted it in OAS (click 'submit' in step 10).
If you do not submit your application in OAS, the Admissions Office will not be able to process your application and assess whether or not you meet the requirements for admission of the programme of your choice.
Make sure that you submit your complete application before the deadline. If your application is not complete before the deadline, it will not be processed.
If you need help with this step of the application procedure, please consult our instruction manuals for OAS and our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page. If you still have questions regarding your OAS application, please contact the Admissions Office.