2018 Bucket List: 25 things to do in Groningen
|Datum:||01 januari 2018|
It’s time to put 2017 behind us and to start looking forward to the new year. If you are in Groningen and looking for a challenge this year, then see if you can complete these 25 challenges for 2018 in Groningen!
- Go to every bar in Groningen (just don’t try it in one night)
- Visit the 5 biggest cities in the Netherlands (Amsterdam, Den Haag, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Eindhoven)
- Go on a trip to visit an international friend you made in Groningen
- Visit one of the Wadden Islands: (there are 5 famous islands: Schiermonnikoog; Ameland; Vlieland; Texel; and Terschelling)
- Road trip!
- Go to an FC Groningen game - make sure to look out for student discounts
- Support your country (or country of choice) while watching a game on a terrace during the World Cup (for you Dutch supporters, I recommend England)
- Climb the Excalibur - it’s considered the tallest freestanding climbing wall in the world
- Start learning a new language, either by a course at the Language Centre or by yourself using apps like Duolingo
- Become a buddy, or introduction guide, for new international students
- Join (and complete) an ACLO course
- Join (and complete) an USVA course
- Go stand-up paddling on the canals
- Watch a whole TV show season in one day - my picks are Stranger Things, Ozark, or the old classic: Friends
- Climb the Martini Tower
- Celebrate Kings Day the Dutch way - especially as the King is coming to Groningen this year!
- Celebrate Bommen Berend
- Celebrate Liberation Day at the Stadspark
- Attend Noorderzon with a boat on the pond
- Make it to the UB at 08:30
- Stay at the UB until closing time
- Host an international dinner
- Host a party! (and have Sunday brunch the next day at Het Concerthuis)
- Swim at the Hoornsemeer
- Have a barbeque at the Noorderplantsoen (but wait until spring or summer!)
So here it is! If you manage to do everything or not, we wish you a very happy 2018: full of passed exams (even if it’s with a 6 - also known as the students 10); ‘gezellige’ evenings; and fun experiences. If you complete the list or have any other ideas of stuff to do this year in Groningen, just leave a comment!