Information for South African students
The University of Groningen has been welcoming students from all over the world since our establishment in 1614. Of our 32,000 students, more than 7,500 are international and come from 120 different countries, including South Africa. This makes Groningen a truly international study city with over 25% of the population being students.
We currently have around 30 students from South Africa studying with many following a Bachelor’s programme and a steady increase undertaking Master’s and PhD programmes. Popular subject areas are Liberal Arts and Sciences and Law.
An absence of a language barrier, a vibrant student city, a relatively low cost of living and tuition fees have proved to be an attractive option for South African students looking for study options.
Why choose Groningen?
- Top 100 globally-ranked university, est 1614
- Over 180+ English-taught degree programmes
- Straightforward entry requirements for the Bachelor’s programmes
- Focused 4-block system offered in 2 semesters
- Excellent student facilities such career and support services, sports centres, libraries
- Wide selection of Master’s programmes to choose from after Bachelor’s graduation
Meet us in South Africa
Global Education Expo, September 17-22, 2019
Information for applicants in South Africa
|Last modified:||20 January 2020 4.45 p.m.|