Information for Italian students
The University of Groningen has a long history of welcoming students from all over the world. Of our 37,000 students more than 7000 are international, coming from 120 different countries. This makes Groningen a truly international student city. One in four people here is a student!
More Italian students are choosing the Netherlands due to the wide choice of English-taught Bachelor and Master programmes and to increase their chances on the job market after graduation. The tuition fee is also less expensive than at some Italian (private) institutions. The most popular subject areas are Arts, Economics and Business, Science and Engineering and Law.
Why choose Groningen?
- Top 100 globally-ranked university, est 1614
- Over 180+ English-taught degree programmes
- Focused 4-block system offered in 2 semesters
- Excellent student facilities such career- and support services, sports centers, libraries
- Free Dutch language course up to CEFR level B1
- Good job prospects after graduation
- Cost of living in Groningen comparable to student cities such as Pisa, Urbino, Perugia