Information for Italian students
The University of Groningen has a long history of welcoming students from all over the world. Of our 30,000 students more than 6000 are international, coming from 120 different countries. This makes Groningen a truly international study city. Over 25% of the population are students.
Students from Italy make up the 3rd largest student population at the University of Groningen with over 360 enrolled students. The most popular subject areas are Arts, Economics and Business, Science and Engineering and Law. One of the reasons for Italian students to choose the Netherlands as a study destination is the high level of professionalism, transparency and continuous development in the higher education process.
Why choose Groningen?
- Top 100 globally-ranked university, est 1614
- Over 180+ English-taught degree programmes
- Focused 4-block system offered in 2 semesters
- Excellent student facilities such career- and support services, sports centers, libraries
- Free Dutch language course up to CEFR level B1
- Good job prospects after graduation
- Cost of living in Groningen comparable to student cities such as Pisa, Urbino, Perugia
Information for applicants in Italy
What I like about living in Groningen is that it looks like a smaller, cuter and safer Amsterdam. Also, despite the size, there is always something to do and somewhere to go. The canals are amazing and the people as well, also because it is mainly a student city. I chose to study International Business because I always thought that it would be the best choice for my interests and my future, and indeed it is. This program allows you to have a broader understanding of both the international environment around you and the changes that are continuously happening to our global economy. Also, this program provides you with a broad background in a lot of fields, such as economy, human behavior and many more.
- Sara Parenti
|Last modified:||29 January 2020 4.31 p.m.|