Information for Indonesian students
The University of Groningen has a long history of welcoming students from all over the world. Of our 32,000 students more than 7000 are international, coming from 120 different countries. This makes Groningen a truly international study city. Over 25% of the population are students.
Students from Indonesia have been coming to Groningen to study for decades, and they make up the 8th largest international student population at the University. The most popular faculty is the Faculty of Economics and Business. Other popular subject areas are Arts, Science and Engineering, and Psychology. Students from Indonesia are studying at all levels - bachelor, master, and PhD.
Why choose Groningen?
- Top 100 globally-ranked university, established 1614
- Over 180+ English-taught degree programmes
- Stay and work in the Netherlands (or any Schengen country) after graduation
- Excellent student facilities such career- and support services, sports centers, libraries
- Groningen enjoys one of the lowest rates of crime of any city - a safe and comfortable place to study
Study in a city with a thriving and long-standing Indonesian student population, one of the largest of any city in Europe (see PPI Groningen).