Information for students from Greece
The University of Groningen has a long history of welcoming students from all over the world. Of our 30,000 students more than 6000 are international, coming from 120 different countries. This makes Groningen a truly international study city. Over 25% of the population are students.
Students from Greece make up the 6th largest student population at the University with a sizable number of undergraduates enrolling in the selective BSc Medicine programme each year. Other popular subject areas are Economics and Business, Science and Engineering, and Arts. The majority of Greeks at the University of Groningen are enrolled in Master programmes.
More and more Greeks are choosing the Netherlands as a study destination due to the low tuition fees (when compared to the UK and US), the high number of degree programmes offered in English, and the fact that Greek employers value a degree qualification obtained abroad.
Why choose Groningen?
- Top 100 globally-ranked university, est 1614
- Over 180+ English-taught degree programmes
- Focused 4-block system offered in 2 semesters
- Excellent student facilities such career- and support services, sports centers, libraries
- Good job prospects after graduation
- The cost of living in Groningen is among the lowest in the Netherlands and is comparable to Greek university cities such as Patras, Ioannina and Heraklion