Write-N-Cite allows you to cite literature from your RefWorks database in a Word document and then automatically generate a bibliography in a publishing style of your choice.
For all your Write-N-Cite questions, mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Inside the University or the UMCG
University staff and students: Click S
tart >All Programs and select: Library Services > Reference Management > RefWorks > Write-N-Cite 4.2. ('Security Alerts' can be ignored.)
UMCG staff: Click Start > Programs > Write-N-Cite. Call the (050-36) 11111 help desk if you can not find Write-N-Cite in Start > Programs.
- Restart Word after the installation has finished. In the menu bar in Word a RefWorks button has appeared which can be used to start Write-n-Cite.
Outside the University or the UMCG
- Go to RefWorks and log in
- Click in the menu bar Tools > Write-N-Cite.
- Below Downloads you can select and install the preferred version of Write-N-Cite. Click Other versions for a Mac version and older versions of Write-N-Cite, e.g. version 3 for UMCG staff
- Remember the location (which drive and folder) on your computer where you are saving the file (named PQfWInstall32_4.4.1272). Go to this location and double-click the file to start the installation.
- Restart Word after the installation is finished.
- In the menu bar in Word a RefWorks (or ProQuest) button has appeared which can be used to start Write-N-Cite.
Take a look at this list of common issues
- Go to Word
- Click the tab RefWorks (or ProQuest)
- Click Log In
- Enter: Group Code, your RefWorks login name and password
The Group Code can be found in the confirmation email that your received after creating your RefWorks account. (See: Creating an account)
|Last modified:||23 September 2016 5.02 p.m.|