Output styles Legacy RefWorks
Major output styles
The major output styles recommended by the University of Groningen can be found in RefWorks under Bibliography > Output Style (click the arrow on the right of the box) > University of Groningen Specific:
- APA 5th – Casing as in your database – American Psychological Association, 5th Edition
- APA 5th – Sentence case enforced – American Psychological Association, 5th Edition
- APA 6th – Casing as in your database – American Psychological Association, 6th Edition
- APA 6th – Sentence case enforced – American Psychological Association, 6th Edition
- Chicago 15th Edition (Author-Date-System)
- Chicago 15th Edition (Notes & Bibliography)
- Leidraad voor juridische auteurs [Guidelines for legal references in Dutch]
- MLA 7th Edition
- Turabian 7th Edition (Notes)
- Turabian Journalistiek [Journalism]
Under University of Groningen Specific we offer, both for APA 5th and APA 6th, two versions, differing with regard to capitalization:
- Casing as in your database (elsewhere: No title casing applied). If you make sure that the capitalization is correct in your database – capitalization of the first letter of a title and subtitle and of all proper nouns – this is the best option.
- Sentence case enforced (elsewhere: APA 5th / APA 6th [unspecified]). The first letter of a title and subtitle is capitalized. All other capitals, including those in proper nouns, are replaced by lower case. This implies that you will have to manually capitalize the proper nouns afterwards. Therefore, we recommend that you use the first option: Casing as in your database.
Under Favorites (Bibliography > Output Style [click the arrow on the right of the box]) RefWorks offers by default ten output styles. However, the styles under University of Groningen Specific are a better starting point for your choice. Therefore, we suggest that you remove the styles under Favorites via Tools > Output Style Manager > Favorites (button Remove). After that you can add output styles of your own choice to Favorites as a supplement to the styles under University of Groningen Specific.
|Last modified:||14 September 2016 8.47 p.m.|