RefWorks information page
What is RefWorks?
Would you like to...
- Spend less time organizing your references and more time writing your manuscript?
- Never lose literature again?
- Quickly and easily create a bibliography in almost any citation style?
Then use RefWorks to collect resources, cite and share.
RefWorks allows you to:
- Import literature references from databases (e.g. SmartCat, Google Scholar, PubMed and Web of Science) or from publishers’ websites (e.g. Elsevier ScienceDirect or SpringerLink). It is also possible to use RSS feeds to import references automatically.
- Organize your references: add keywords, create folders, remove duplicate records and search.
- Share your references with others: lecturers can share a folder containing a reading list with their students, and groups of researchers or students can collaborate using shared folders or shared accounts.
- Cite your literature in a Word document and generate bibliographies automatically in the publishing style of your choice (e.g. APA, Chicago, MLA or the format of a specific journal). For this function you have to install Write-N-Cite (a module of RefWorks) on your computer.
Don't you have a RefWorks account yet? Sign up for the new version.
At present, there are two versions of RefWorks, an old "Legacy" and the new, with a new layout and new features. The old RefWorks wil remain available at least until the end of 2018. If you are working on a literature review, we advise you to use the old version of RefWorks, because the old version is more reliable when deduplicating references.
Don't you have a RefWorks account yet? Sign up at the new RefWorks right away. For that, please use the email address of your work or study (ending in @rug.nl, or @student.rug.nl or @umcg.nl).
Do you already have an account for the old version of RefWorks? Then you'll find here information on the old version and the best time to switch.
- Sign up for a workshop Refworks at the CMB
- Contact: email@example.com
- Useful YouTube videos for the Legacy RefWorks
Alternative to RefWorks
You can also manage references with Mendeley, a free program.
|Last modified:||26 April 2019 11.53 a.m.|