If you want to create your professional network and get a job position within the university understanding and speaking Dutch is absolutely necessary.
At the University of Groningen, except for academic positions, you need to have fluency in Dutch. The level required in Dutch depends on the position, but an intermediate level (B1) is mandatory. This is because a lot of rules, regulations, procedures, directions and systems you will work with are mainly in Dutch.
Please note: as partner of Dual Career Support you have access to the UG internal vacancies as of the moment that your are registered as a partner. For more information please contact dualcareer rug.nl
Take a look at these links:
- International vacancies of Holland Alumni Network (in cooperation with Indeed)
- At Euraxess , you can find thousands of job offers and funding opportunities for researchers at European universities and research organizations.
- At EURES, the Job Mobility Portal (and more) of the European Union you can find job opportunities in the European Union, including The Netherlands.
- Noorderlink is the Human Resources collaboration of the largest organizations in Groningen, Friesland en Drenthe (unfortunately the website is only in the Dutch language). You can register for their vacancy email service by clicking on 'houd mij op de hoogte van de vacatures' at the bottom of the page. Please fill in your 'voornaam' (first) name, 'achternaam' (last name) and email address. You will then receive the confirmation 'abonnement succesvol aangemaakt (registration completed).
- Noorderlink offers also work experience places (werkervaringsplaatsen) that are available at companies that have joined Noorderlink. Although t he primary target group for the work experience places are young people up to 26 years without work experience, they are also open to partners of Dual Career Support. If you are interested, please contact our Noorderlink contact person ms. Mireille Galama at galama noorderlink.nl and ms. Harrianne ter Meer at h.a.ter.meer rug.nl . (Do not follow the regular procedure on the website). Please mention in your email the following information: the number of the work experience place, the fact that you are registered as a partner at Dual-Career Support and the reason why you would like to apply for this place and which learning goals you would like to set for yourself for this period.
- Tempo Team is the so called ‘preferred supplier’ of the RUG and offers temporary work, sometimes specifically for non-Dutch speakers. Experience shows that mastering Dutch is essential in most cases. Are you interested in a vacancy, please contact via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 050-3689065.
- Welcome2NLResearch provides you with information on where to look for (research) job openings in The Netherlands. It offers also all kinds of useful information, regarding topics such as work, housing, insurance and documentation. Download the (free!) app in the App Store and Google Play.
|Last modified:||08 November 2019 2.21 p.m.|