Post-doc Fuel Cell systems (1.0 FTE) (219566)
The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has been our top priority for over four hundred years, and with success, because we are currently in or around the top 100 on several influential ranking lists.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) is the largest faculty within the University. We offer first-rate education and research in a wide range of science and engineering disciplines, from classical disciplines such as mathematics, astronomy and mechanical engineering, to interdisciplinary fields such as artificial intelligence, pharmacy and nanoscience. Our community has an open and informal character with students and staff from around the world.
The position we offer will be embedded in the Energy and Sustainability Research Institute Groningen. You will join our newly formed Energy Conversion group, in which research both on fuel cells and on combustion processes is conducted.
We are looking for a post-doctoral researcher in the field of Fuel Cells. Expertise in single cell electrochemical characterization is essential. Previous experience in SOFC experiments and fuel processing for SOFCs is desirable. Experience in team building, teaching, fuel cell stack and system testing, gas analysis and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy are highly regarded.
Supervision is by Prof. PV Aravind
The candidate has a PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Materials Science, but others with key skills relevant to the project could also be considered. Good communication skills (both verbal and written) in English are a prerequisite. The candidate should be enthusiastic about research, capable of learning new skills, and happy working both independently and in collaboration with other scientists.
Conditions of employment
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary dependent on qualifications and work experience of € 2,709 maximum of € 4,274 gross per month (salary scale 10 Dutch Universities) for a full-time position
• a full-time position (38 hours per week) for 1 year with a chance for further extension (one more year)
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and an 8.3% year-end bonus
• minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment
• excellent secondary benefits, including a pension scheme and flexible employment conditions.
You can submit your application until 3 December 11:59 pm / before 4 December Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website), but the position will remain open until filled by a suited candidate.
• cover letter
• curriculum vitae, including publication list
• detailed (1-2 pages) description of previous research experience and interests
• contact information for 2 academic referees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714 and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For information you can contact:
- Prof. A. Purushothaman Vellayani, a.purushothaman.vellayani rug.nl
Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications.