Relationship Officer (0.8 FTE) (219328E)
Campus Fryslân is the newest faculty of the University of Groningen, located in Leeuwarden. The faculty is dedicated to interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary education and research. We conduct cutting-edge research where local themes are connected to global issues. We feel inspired by the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations, with a focus on four research flagships:
2. Sustainable Economy
3. Language, Culture & Technology,
4. Health & Food. Technology related issues represent a fast-growing aspect of our research and education.
You will work at a state-of-the-art facility at one of the oldest and most prestigious European universities, in the European Capital of Culture 2018. The Campus’ motivated team values teamwork and provides a stimulating working environment in which mutual support is combined with room for individual initiative. We challenge our staff and students to approach issues from multiple disciplines and encourage them to take a different view. We are curious about yours!
Campus Fryslân is committed to transdisciplinary research, where students and researchers work together with non-academic organisations to find solutions for societal challenges. For this purpose, we have created a Living Lab (LL) concept for students of the bachelor Global Responsibility & Leadership and the master Sustainable Entrepreneurship, where they have the opportunity to transfer their theoretical knowledge and innovation approach to real–life challenges and come up with solutions. In order to provide the LL set-up, we are collaborating with organisations that can host bachelor and master projects and we want to expand our network. Outreach activities and relationship management are furthermore important for the newly launched University College Fryslân Foundation to enable students to study in Leeuwarden with the support of scholarships, as well as for developing our Extension school to encourage lifelong learning. Do you want to become a part of our team?
Campus Fryslân invites applications for an outgoing and motivated Relationship Manager, who can build and maintain positive relationships with non-academic organisations. In your role, you are responsible for developing the faculty’s activities in this domain. Concretely, this entails meeting with organisations and introducing Campus Fryslân activities, exploring with interested parties the possible ways of collaborating, and matching them with the right contact persons within Campus Fryslân to realise concrete projects and activities. You will be part of the support staff team, where you will be working in a small group of enthusiastic and ambitious staff members, all dedicated to making the new faculty, its programmes and the Foundation a success.
• provide strategic advice on relationship management within Campus Fryslân
• represent Campus Fryslân across a range of network activities and organisations that we are currently member of
• maintain current contacts, identify potential new partnerships and act as a project enabler by assessing incoming projects and determining the right collaboration (BSc/MSc/PhD)
• coordinate the administrative side of the LLs, including the organisation of the annual conferences for both bachelor and master students
• manage the database (CRM system)
• act as the outreach contact person for the UCF Foundation and actively engage in finding donors and coordinating fundraising activities
• support the development of the Extension school.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with demonstrated organisational skills and strong affinity with external relationship management.
• completed a bachelor degree at an institute of higher education (hbo/wo), a master’s degree is a plus
• an extensive network in Friesland and the Northern region, and the willingness to employ this network for CF
• a passion for external relationship management and the proven abilities to build, foster and maintain professional relationships with different public and private organisations
• strong ability to facilitate and motivate others in their respective tasks and outcomes for the success of the projects
• experience with Customer Relationship Management systems
• strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with people
• excellent organisation and communication skills in Dutch and English
• the ability to act as a “spider in the web” and relate to a wide range of audiences from many different (cultural) backgrounds
• from time to time attend events that take place in the evenings.
Conditions of employment
Conditions of Employment
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary of € 2,835 gross per month in the first year, up to a maximum of € 3,895 gross per month
• a position of 0.8 FTE
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
• minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment
Your position will initially run for a period of 12 months, with the possibility of an extension with another 12 months. At the end of the first year, an evaluation will take place to decide upon the extension.
Do you meet our critera? If yes, your application should include:
1. a motivation letter
2. a curriculum vitae.
You can submit your application until 22 August 11.59pm / before 23 August 2019 Dutch local time (CET)
Only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be taken into consideration.
The expected starting date is 1 October 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714 and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Acquisition is not appreciated.
For information you can contact:
- drs. Piet Bouma, managing director Campus Fryslân, 058 - 205 50 01
Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications.