asissistant sustainability in Research & Education
The UG’s Green Office is the place where all initiatives and the policy regarding sustainability come together. The UG has a Roadmap for sustainability that states all its goals in this area. The Green Office aims to achieve these goals. The Roadmap describes 14 goals that apply to the period 2015–2020 and are divided into three parts: People, Planet and Performance.
We are looking for an student assistant to the project leader in the ‘Performance’ part (teaching and research).
Several projects have been defined to realize the UG’s ambitions. The projects are diverse and range from organizing a Summer School to making an inventory of degree programmes based on a definition of sustainability.
Supporting the project leader in all kinds of tasks. Think of planning and organizing events and meetings. Conducting desk research. Carrying out administrative tasks. In some cases, for example during the Summer School, the tasks to be performed can be ad hoc. Satisfactory performance may lead to you having your own project.
● supporting the Summer School organization
● writing Facebook posts
● organizing meetings and events
● arranging/organizing all kinds of matters
● communicating with students
● drawing up the agenda for and minute-taking at meetings
● conducting desk research/administrative tasks
● planning meetings
● drawing up plans and budgets
● writing project plans/policy documents.
● ability to work at a university level
● a good command of English (good command of the Dutch language is preferred)
● analytical skills
● good writing skills.
Preferably you have:
● affinity with sustainability
● affinity with academic education and research (university culture)
● ability to think outside the box.
• the opportunity to develop yourself at different levels
• the opportunity to learn the basics of working on projects insight into the political organization of the University
• the opportunity to expand your network.
You may apply for this position before the 1st of March 2018 by sending a resume and motivation (the motivation can have different formats) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information you can contact Marijke Nieborg 050 36 39815 (Monday-Thursday).
|Last modified:||15 February 2018 11.22 a.m.|