An innovative programme on sustainability with inspiring teachers from different faculties of the university. The course is a unique opportunity for students and staff to explore a subject from the perspective of different academic disciplines together. Throughout this course you will find out what sustainability means, what it can mean and what it means to you. Every lecture covers a different myth and therefore touches upon a different sustainability topic. Each lecture is given by a lecturer from a different faculty, which will help you to start getting a broad understanding of sustainability.
- Hopwood, B., Mellor, M., & OʼBrien, G. (2005). Sustainable development: Mapping different approaches. Sustainable Development, 13(1), 38-52.
- Giddings, B., Hopwood, B., & OʼBrien, G. (2002). Environment, economy and society: Fitting them together into sustainable development. Sustainable Development, 10(4), 187-196.
- Steffen, W., Grinevald, J., Crutzen, P., & McNeill, J. (2011). The Anthropocene: conceptual and historical perspectives. Philosophical transactions. Series A, Mathematical, physical, and engineering sciences, 369(1938), 842-867.
- Rockström, J., Steffen, W., Noone, K., Persson, Å., Chapin, F. S., Lambin, E., Lenton, T. M., et al. (2009). Planetary boundaries: Exploring the safe operating space for humanity. Ecology and Society, 14(2).
- Climate Change Synthesis Report. Summary for policy makers. IPCC. (2014).
Living Planet Report.WWF. (2014).
Additional reading material
- UNEP. (2011). Decoupling Natural Resource Use and Environmental Impacts from Economic Growth. A Report of the Working Group on Decoupling to the International Resource Panel. In M. Fischer-Kowalski, M. Swilling, E. U. von Weizsäcker, Y. Ren, Y. Moriguchi, W. Crane, F. Krausmann, et al. (Eds.), United Nations Environment Programme.
- Prosperity without growth? The transition to a sustainable economy.
- Daly, H. E. (2005). Economics in a full world. IEEE Engineering Management Review, 33(4), 21.
- Lenton, T. M., Held, H., Kriegler, E., Hall, J. W., Lucht, W., Rahmstorf, S., & Schellnhuber, H. J. (2008). Tipping elements in the Earthʼs climate system. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 105(6), 1786-1793.
|Laatst gewijzigd:||24 november 2017 15:06|