7 lectures covering 7 different myths surrounding sustainability. The course provides insights from 7 different faculties and is taught by 7 different lecturers. The course will be concluded with a symposium.
When and where?
From September 14th until December 14th 2015. Biweekly on Mondays.
Time: 11.00 – 13.00 (Lunch included)
Location: University College Groningen - room 4345.0004 (ground floor of the UCG, across from the library)
Please fill out this evaluation form to evaluate the entire course.
Before the course starts:
We have prepared 1 hour preparation time for the whole course to offer you a general overview of sustainability. The information will be published in August and will consist of a webinar, web-links and reading material.
Before each seminar (max. 1 hour):
Every seminar should be prepared beforehand with background videos, papers, articles, websites etc. This information will be shared on the website. Groups are divided before course starts.
During each seminar:
- 15 minutes introduction by the lecturer
- 50 minutes work on creative assignments in groups under supervision of the lecturer
- 15 minutes pitch of the results by one group (each group presents once)
- 30 minutes feedback and wrap-up by lecturer
Each group presents a poster of their myth. You can subscribe on your preferred myth in August.
Course objective/learning outcomes
- get an insight in what sustainability means
- get access to articles about sustainability
- how it can be perceived from different areas of expertise
- what sustainability entails in the different academic areas
- find out what it means to you and in your daily life
- improve creative problem solving
- understanding the interrelations between different faculties
- multidisciplinary insights on sustainability
- cooperate in a staff-student environment
- pitch your sustainability ideas at a symposium
- contribute to your professional development in the field of sustainability
- increase your network in the field of sustainability
- How often: 8 times, biweekly on Mondays. Last day is a symposium
- Time: 11.00-13.00 (lunch included)
- Location: University College Groningen
- For whom: Staff and students
- How: Online preparation, in-class assignments, inspiring speakers, closing symposium
- What: Certificate if you attended 5 out of 8 classes or more
- Costs: Free
If you have any questions, please contact Yanike Sophie of the Green Office Groningen via firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Laatst gewijzigd:||22 april 2016 09:42|