Young Talent Grants Week
|From:||We 22-05-2019 09:00|
|Until:||Th 23-05-2019 17:00|
|Where:||Harmony Building, Turftorenstraat 21 and Norman Building (Lutkenieuwstraat 5)|
Knowing the right funding instruments and successfully applying for them helps to kick start your research career and might pave the way to your next job in academia. To help you achieve this, the UMCG and the RUG are teaming up this year to present the Young Talent Grants Week, a 2019 special event exclusively aimed at young researchers in their senior PhD and early postdoc years. The Young Talent Grants Week will focus on providing you all possible information for the prestigious Rubicon, VENI and Marie Curie individual grants as well as field specific information sessions organized by faculty funding experts and more! Registration is required and spaces for workshops are limited!
Join us during the Young Talent Grants Week on 22 and 23 May and look out for your faculty funding event around that date.
We are looking forward to seeing you there.
Strategy Department for Education and Research, University of Groningen Research Office, UMCG.
Program 22 May
Session chair: prof. dr. Ingrid Molema
- 08:30 - 09:00 Walk in
- 09:00 – 09:10 Welcome by Rector Magnificus prof. dr. Elmer Sterken
09:10 – 10:00 Opening lecture: Dr. Elizabeth Koier (Erasmus University Rotterdam)
- From rebellious genius to brilliant look-alike: Public project funding in the Netherlands.
- 10:00 – 11:00 VENI: The inside scoop
- 11:00 – 11:30 Coffee break
- 11:30 – 12:30 Rubicon: The inside scoop
- 12:30 – 13:30 Lunch
13:30 – 15:00
- Rubicon and VENI, NWO information session
- Workshop: The Art of Scientific Storytelling
- 15:00 – 15:30 Coffee break
15:30 – 17:00 Parallel workshops
- The Art of Scientific Storytelling
- How to prepare for a VENI application
- How to prepare for a Rubicon application
Program 23 May
13:30 – 17:30 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship workshop
- 13.30 -15.00 Anna Goedhart, MA, National Contact Point for Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions in the Netherlands (RVO), will provide a presentation on the MSC IF call 2019
- 15.00-15.30 Coffee break
- 15.30-16.30 Dr. Kim van Dam, Coordinator Education Energy Academy Europe will provide an insight of her experience as evaluator.
- 16.30-17.30 Dr. Liliia D. Kulish (FSE) and Dr. Viraj Damle (UMCG) will share their experience as laureates of a MSC IF 2018.
Field specific events
Faculty of Law
23 May, 10-12 (CANCELLED)
Faculty of Arts and Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies
21 May (Tue), afternoon
24 May (Fri), morning: about implementation of new principles such as FAIR, Open Science, Open Access and inclusion of patient participation in your research and grant proposal.
September or October, look out for the announcement on the FSE-website.