Would you like to meet colleagues from different faculties and departments in a low-key and engaging way? To share ideas, experiences, and ambitions? And are you curious to know what themes are important to your 'young' colleagues and the University? Then join our activities!
Career & Development Event
POSTPONED, due to Corona measures, to a future date (yet unknown).
We will provide you with updated information as soon as possible.
“Be the master of your own journey”
On 31 March, YoungRUG will be hosting the fourth edition of the successful Career & Development event! At the USVA, the event will start with a keynote speaker and includes workshops on career path development.
14.30 hrs doors will open, after which YoungRUG will open the event. Keynote speaker is Sander van den Bos, Head of Student Information & Administration, as he will talk about his career at the UG! After a round of workshops, you can join drinks at 17.00 hrs!
Please register here!
We will CONTINUE the mentor programme and its events in digital form (due to the coronavirus).
For more information about our mentor events and on becoming a mentor, please see below.
Information on becoming a mentee will be added here soon.
During the speeddate week from 18-22 May, junior (YoungR)UG colleagues have the opportunity to meet (three) potential mentors via video meetings! After this week, we will inform everyone about their 'perfect match'. In this mentor programme thereafter, a mentor (senior UG colleague) provides advice based on his or her own experience.
If you want to become a mentee: more information will follow soon!
Share your knowledge and experience by becoming a mentor: sign up now! Please register before 1 April with Jildou Spoelstra, j.k.spoelstra rug.nl.
Becoming a mentor
Would you like to share the knowledge and experience that you’ve gained over the years with others? Would you like to get to know your colleagues better and offer them guidance? Then mentorship could be for you! As a mentor, you discuss the challenges that your mentee is facing in their career and you offer advice on the basis of personal experiences. Mentors are always colleagues from a different department than that to which their mentees belong and are one step ahead of their mentees in their career paths.
In 2019, YoungRUG and the HR department began a pilot programme in mentoring for support staff. This was a huge success and this year, we are starting a new round. To this end, we are looking for new mentors.
We expect the following from you as a mentor:
- At least five years’ worth of working experience within the UG
- A desire to share your own experiences and insights with others
- Availability during the workshop for mentors (digitally, in the afternoon on 31 March or 9 April) and during the speed-dating week for three 10-minute-video meetings from 18-22 May
- Time for around five meetings with your mentee over the course of half a year
- That, together with your mentee, you will take care of the content of your meetings depending on your own needs
We are offering mentors the following:
- A workshop on 31 March or 9 April in the afternoon, in which you become acquainted with what the role of a mentor comprises
- A speed-dating week from 18-22 May, during which you talk to three potential mentees via video conferencing, for 10 minutes each
- Finally, one mentee who you will guide from June to December 2020
|Last modified:||26 March 2020 12.47 p.m.|