Services of Dual-Career Support and registration
We are happy to assist you in your job search in the following ways:
- You can attend our Dual-Career Support meetings. The aim of these meetings is to develop your social and professional network, to help you then integrate into Dutch society and to familiarize yourself with Groningen and its job market . Regarding vacancies at the UG you will have the status of ‘internal’ candidate. Partners can thus apply for vacancies before these are advertised to external candidates. After you register as a partner, you will receive a link to these internal vacancies. In case you registered but you did not receive this link, please contact us at 050-3635313 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Depending on the duration of your stay in the Netherlands and your goals, a (certain) command of the Dutch language is important. You will need Dutch to connect to local people and to be part of the Dutch society. If you aim for a (non-academic) position at the UG or outside the UG, you need to learn Dutch on a professional level.
- Regarding sport activities, in the first year after arriving in Groningen only, you have the opportunity to take part in the SPR staff sport association and the Balans training courses offered by the Health, Safety and Environment Service. You can participate for a maximum of one year and in consultation with Dual-Career Support. Information about the Balans training courses is unfortunately only available on the University intranet. This means that the partner has to look up the information by using the P-number of the new employee. If you would like to participate, then please contact our secretary at email@example.com .
Additional services for specific groups:
We offer additional services for partners whose spouse/partner holds an academic position with a contract for two years or more, in consultation with the faculty where your partner will be appointed. Tailored support is available, depending on your needs. This includes:
- An orientation meeting with our Dual-Career consultant to discuss the possibilities of assistance, specifically related to your situation. You can make an appointment by contacting dualcareer rug.nl
- Individual assistance with job hunting. The coach can help you to revise your CV and job search documents and to identify appropriate employment opportunities both inside and outside the UG.
- Further training
For more information, please contact dualcareer rug.nl or call us at +31 50 363 5313 (dual-career secretary office).
Registering with Dual Career Support
To qualify for the services of Dual-Career Support, partners must be registered with us. You can register by completing our registration form.
You are eligible for Dual-Career Support if you and your spouse or partner are considering relocating to Groningen around the date of his/her first appointment, or have done so in the past two years, and you are seeking employment for the first time in the Groningen area or the Netherlands.
If you moved to Groningen with your partner more than two years ago and you have a good reason for not having made a request or application previously, but would like to participate in Dual-Career Support, please contact the Dual-Career Support secretariat on firstname.lastname@example.org.
After registration, you will receive our newsletter containing up-to-the-minute information about our partner meetings et cetera.
After registration, you can use our services for a maximum period of two years. After two years, your registration will end automatically.
The UMCG also provides services for partners of new staff. If your main appointment is with the UMCG, please contact the P&O advisor in your sector.
|Last modified:||13 March 2020 12.51 a.m.|