Mobility Officer International Office FSE (0.8-1.0 FTE) (222743)
We are looking for a mobility officer who can support the organization of international mobility activities. You will be working in a small team that operates in a big and dynamic organization. For students and staff, the international office is the place to go for information and support when they go abroad or come to the Faculty of Science and Engineering. You will help them get the right information and support them with all kind of practical matters. As your tasks will be diverse, you will need to combine your administrative, organizational and communication skills. You are familiar with working in an international setting, find it easy to communicate with people from different cultures, and you like working in a team and independently.
As mobility officer you will be responsible for and support with:
- the administrative process in Mobility Online of incoming and outgoing exchange students and staff
- producing and sending official documents, such as confirmation letters, nomination letters, learning agreements and transcripts of records
- co-organising introduction days, social activities and information events
- processing of scholarship applications
- informing students and staff about procedures and practical matters by mail, telephone, face-to-face, website and, preferably, social media
- compiling and retrieving information for (financial) evaluation, communication and marketing purposes.
We are looking for a mobility officer with:
- mbo+ level and at least 2 years of relevant working experience
- experience with working in an international setting
- experience with handling different communication channels, such as mail, telephone, website and/or social media
- good computer skills, extensive experience with MS-Office. Experience with Progress, Prospero and Mobility Online is considered an advantage
- good organizational and intercultural communication skills
- good command of English (level B2/C1).
Required competences: accuracy, service-oriented, flexible and stress-resistant.
Conditions of employment
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• offer a salary of, depending on age, education and experience, a minimum of € 2,471 to a maximum of € 3,336 (salary scale 7) gross per month for full working hours a full-time position (1.0 FTE)
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
• minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment
• an appointment of 0.8 FTE for one year, after which a permanent contract may be possible. The position is classified in UFO profile student affairs officer 3.
Start date: as soon as possible
You may apply for this position until 29 November 11:59pm / before 30 November 2022 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form.
The interviews will take place in the week of 5 December 2022.
The University of Groningen strives to be a university in which students and staff are respected and feel at home, regardless of differences in background, experiences, perspectives, and identities. We believe that working on our core values of inclusion and equality are a joint responsibility and we are constructively working on creating a socially safe environment. Diversity among students and staff members enriches academic debate and contributes to the quality of our teaching and research. We therefore invite applicants from underrepresented groups in particular to apply. For more information, see also our diversity policy webpage: https://www.rug.nl/about-ug/policy-and-strategy/diversity-and-inclusion/
Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP): https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/nl/sollicitatiecode
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For information you can contact:
- Henriëtte Mulder, Coördinator International Office FSE, +31 50 3633927, henriette.mulder rug.nl
- Karin de Roo, Head of Student Recruitment, Admissions and International Office, +31 6 47542820, k.de.roo rug.nl
Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications.