Management/Office Assistant Institute for Science Education and Communication (T090222)
The Management/Office Assistant offers secretarial support to the employees of the institute in their work.
Your duties include:
- general tasks, such as taking care of correspondence, archiving, diary management, telephone, post and mail handling, illness registration, etc.
- support institute (website, accommodation, financial administration, project administration)
- provision of information to external parties, employees and students
- scientific information management (PURE, Hora Finita)
- organizing, taking minutes and elaborating meetings and consultations
- organizing meetings.
- education at HAVO/VWO level or equivalent abroad, supplemented with relevant (secretary) training
- excellent command of both Dutch and English verbally and in writing
- experience in independent secretarial functions, preferably with work experience in an academic environment
- independent, enterprising, solution-oriented, flexible, stress-resistant, accurate, systematic
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills and focused on collaboration.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) of the University of Groningen conducts research and education at an academic level in the beta sciences. The research areas include Biology, Pharmacy, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Mathematics and Industrial Engineering.
The Institute for Science Education and Communication (ISEC) conducts research into education in the science disciplines in primary, secondary and scientific education and into science communication, and provides education in collaboration with the Teacher Training Program in the master Education and Communication in Mathematics and Natural Sciences. ISEC is strongly internationally oriented.
At ISEC, from January 1st, a temporary position for 6 months will become available in the context of illness replacement for a Management/Office Assistant.
Conditions of employment
In accordance with the collective labor agreement for Dutch Universities, we offer:
- a salary depending on education and experience of at least € 2,402 to a maximum of € 3,026 (scale 6) gross per month for full working hours
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% year-end bonus on the annual gross income
- an appointment for a period of 6 months. (0.5 – 0.7 FTE).
This position is opened up in the framework of the Projectenbank, one of the projects of the Talent Travel Program. This means that all internal candidates can apply. Candidates with a permanent employment will be able to return to their current position.
Date of employment: November 1, 2022
Do you meet our qualification criteria? If yes, please send us your application which should include:
- a motivation letter in English (1 page)
- a curriculum vitae.
You may apply for this position until 11 December 11:59pm / before 12 December 2022 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university's website).
The University of Groningen strives to be a university in which students and staff are respected and feel at home, regardless of differences in background, experiences, perspectives, and identities. We believe that working on our core values of inclusion and equality are a joint responsibility and we are constructively working on creating a socially safe environment. Diversity among students and staff members enriches academic debate and contributes to the quality of our teaching and research. We therefore invite applicants from underrepresented groups in particular to apply. For more information, see also our diversity policy webpage: https://www.rug.nl/about-ug/policy-and-strategy/diversity-and-inclusion/
Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP): https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/nl/sollicitatiecode
Acquisition is not appreciated.
For information you can contact:
- Prof. dr. Lucy Avraamidou, 06-27194432, l.avraamidou rug.nl
Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications.