Postdoc Fellowship for the preparation of a Marie Sklodowska-Curie application (222010)
The Centre for Religion, Conflict and Globalization (CRCG) will support an application for a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship within the field of religion and society. The successful applicant will be awarded a 5-month postdoctoral fellowship (from May to September 2022) to prepare the Marie Curie grant application and to be involved in the intellectual life of the CRCG. They will be expected to give a seminar and a lecture during the duration of their fellowship.
• should have a PhD degree at the time of the deadline for applications. Applicants who have successfully defended their doctoral thesis but who have not yet formally been awarded the doctoral degree will also be considered eligible to apply
• Candidates with a PhD in Social Sciences (Sociology, Anthropology, Political Sciences, etc.) and/or Religious Studies are particularly encouraged to apply. We will prioritize candidates who have a strong research profile within the following areas: Religion and Politics; Religion and Environmental Sustainability.
• Before applying, candidates should check the eligibility criteria of the Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship program: https://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/actions/postdoctoral-fellowships
Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative center of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Balanced study and career paths in a wide variety of disciplines encourage the 36,000 students and researchers to develop their own individual talents. Belonging to the best research universities in Europe and joining forces with prestigious partner universities and networks, the University of Groningen is truly an international place of knowledge. The Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies is an ambitious faculty with a dynamic and accomplished staff drawn from around the world (58% international), and a Graduate School with 60 PhD students.
Conditions of employment
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a starting salary depending on qualifications and work experience from a minimum of € 2,846 and a maximum of € 3,420 gross per month (salary scale 10, number 4) for a full-time position
• in addition, the university offers an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% year-end bonus
• a temporary 0.8 FTE appointment for a period of five months.
Starting date: May 2022
Those interested in applying should submit their CV (max. 3 pages) together with a research proposal (max 1.000 words) and a 500-word statement explaining why the CRCG is the best institutional framework for the proposed research.
Before applying, please check the eligibility criteria of the Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship scheme: https://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/actions/postdoctoral-fellowships
Applications can be submitted until 15 February 11:59 pm / before 16 February 2022 Dutch local time (CET), by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a short online interview on 25 February 2022. A decision on the selection will be communicated to all applicants before March, 2022.
The starting date of the fellowship will be the 1 May 2022
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. The University welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic background. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714 and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For information you can contact:
- Dr Manoela Carpenedo Rodrigues, Vice director CRCG, m.carpenedo.rodrigues rug.nl
Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications.