Lecturer in Environmental Psychology (0.8 FTE) (221657E)
The Faculty of Behavioral and Social Sciences of the University of Groningen is looking for a lecturer in the field of Environmental Psychology. The candidate is expected to independently teach already developed and regular educational modules, such as courses in the Bachelor program, and supervise Bachelor and Master theses. Education within the faculty is given in various (hybrid) teaching methods, both in English and in Dutch.
- completed Master's degree in Social and Behavioral Sciences, with a specialization in Environmental Psychology
- experience and affinity with teaching
- experience and interest in innovative teaching methods
- good oral and written skills in both Dutch and English
- completion of a basic teaching qualification (BKO) is recommended
- good social and communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- important competencies in this position are: analytical skills, environmental orientation, presentation and result orientation.
The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has had top priority for four hundred years, and with success: the University is currently in or around the top 100 on several influential ranking lists.
The Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences is a centre of knowledge focusing on individuals and society. We study issues relating to human behaviour, and the relationships between people and society as a whole. This includes the study of how people function under normal circumstances, but also of the problems encountered by individuals or groups, and how to resolve or prevent these. Our Faculty employs about 650 employees.
The Psychology department offers Bachelor and Master programs in English and Dutch. Both students and staff are of different international backgrounds. The expertise group Environmental Psychology provides education focused on the interaction between people and the environment. Students learn, among other things, how individual, social and contextual factors influence sustainable behavior (such as energy consumption, car use, food consumption), how people deal with environmental and climate risks, which interventions are effective to stimulate sustainable behaviour, which factors influence the acceptance of environmental policy and sustainable transitions, and how sustainable behavior is related to well-being. Students learn to collaborate with other disciplines and with social partners.
Conditions of employment
In accordance with the collective labor agreement for Dutch Universities, we offer:
• a salary depending on education and experience of a minimum of € 2,836 and a maximum of € 4,474 (salary scale 10) gross per month for full-time employment
• 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% year-end bonus on the annual gross income
• attractive secondary and market terms of employment
• temporary employment for a period of three years with a parttime factor of 0.8 FTE. Job classification in the UFO job profile of lecturer 4.
Date of commencement of employment: as soon as possible
Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae.
You can submit your application until 5 December 11:59pm / before 6 December 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).Only submissions via the application form will be considered.
The interviews will take place in week 50 and 51.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For information you can contact:
- Prof. Linda Steg, Professor of Environmental Psychology, e.m.steg rug.nl
Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications.