Study Advisor (0.5 FTE) (T073221)
We are looking for a study advisor for the Bachelor Global Responsibility & Leadership (GRL) of Campus Fryslân for 7 months to cover a maternity leave (January - August 2022). As study advisor at Campus Fryslan, you and your fellow study advisor are the first point of contact for questions and concerns of our Bachelor students. You additionally manage the Minor programme and coordinate the Academic Advisement course. Next to this, you carry out education coordination tasks related to the GRL bachelor programme of University College Fryslan. In this role you work closely with the programme director and lecturers of the GRL programme, as well as the colleagues of the educational secretariat. You are part of the professional staff of Campus Fryslan, which is a team of enthusiastic, committed, open-minded and ambitious professionals.
The candidate will:
● advise and guide Bachelor students on topics related to studying and student life, in individual meetings as well as in group setting
● liaise with the educational secretariat in coordination of the Bsc Global responsibility & Leadership
● coordinate the academic advisement course together with the GRL programme director
● promote and coordinate the third year minor space for GRL students.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with demonstrated organisational skills and strong affinity with student affairs.
The ideal candidate has:
- completed a Bachelor or Master degree at a research university
- preferably work(ed) in a similar role at the University of Groningen, experience with a University College is a plus
- excellent organisation and planning skills
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- good written and oral communication skills in English, preferably also in Dutch
- the ability to relate to a wide range of persons from many different cultural backgrounds
- affinity with working in a young and dynamic organisation.
Campus Fryslân (https://www.rug.nl/cf/) the newest faculty of the University of Groningen, located in Leeuwarden. The faculty is dedicated to interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary education and research. We conduct cutting-edge research where local themes are connected to global issues, with a focus on five research flagships: 1) Governance 2) Sustainable Economy, 3) Language, Culture & Technology, 4) Food & Health and 5) Data Science and Knowledge Structure. You will work at a state-of-the-art facility at one of the oldest and most prestigious European universities, in the European Capital of Culture 2018. The Campus’ motivated team values teamwork and provides a stimulating working environment in which mutual support is combined with room for individual initiative. You will become a member of our high-standing academic and international community. We challenge our staff and students to approach issues from multiple disciplines and encourage them to take a different view. We are curious about yours!
Within Campus Fryslân, you will mainly be working at University College Fryslân (UCF). UCF is a new university college, inspired by the UN Agenda for Sustainable Development. UCF offers a BSc in Global Responsibility & Leadership. This bachelor is a broad, scientifically rigorous, interdisciplinary programme with three Majors (Responsible Governance, Responsible Humanity, and Responsible Planet). The programme has a selection procedure through which we aim to recruit ambitious and motivated students from all over the world.
Conditions of employment
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universitites:
• a salary depending on qualifications and work experience and is up to a maximum of € 4,078 gross per month (salary scale 9) for a full-time position
• excluding 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees
• a temporary contract for 7 months (maternity leave cover).
This vacancy is also made available within the framework of the project bank, one of the projects of Talent Travel. This means that internal candidates with an indefinite employment contract at the University of Groningen can apply for this vacancy and, in consultation with their manager, can make use of the opportunity to temporarily fulfill this position from their current employment contract, thereby broadening and developing their talents.
Start date: 1 January 2022
Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• Letter of application
• Curriculum Vitae.
You can submit your application until 1 December 11:59pm / before 2 December 2021 by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For information you can contact:
- Dr Indira van der Zande, Programme director BSc Global Responsibility & Leadership, i.s.e.van.der.zande rug.nl
Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications.