Study advisor / Staff member International Office (1.0 FTE) (T061221E)
Do you want to inform, advise and support international students when it comes to study choices, study planning, study progress and (im)possibilities? Will you be an important link in the development, the well-being and the satisfaction of our future lawyers? The International Office of the Faculty of Law is looking for a study adviser.
The team International Office is looking for a (temporary) study adviser for the English-taught programmes.
As a study adviser, you are thé point of contact for students during their programme. You support and advise them. You proactively take care of activities which contribute to student well-being and satisfaction. In addition, you will process several applications for these students, e.g. exam facilities and exemptions. You improve the study life of our students and make it more enjoyable, so they can develop into lawyers in a pleasant and easy way.
Study advice and information:
• be available to give current students advice on all topics they can come across during their studies
• answer questions and provide advice on all topics students can come across during their studies by email and in onsite or online office hours
• coordinate and execute all tasks related to Binding Study Advice for the first year bachelor students
• give information to prospective students, mainly through email.
● provide students with the necessary documentation and transcripts of studies
● handle the process of producing degree certificates
● organise social events (e.g. excursions, graduation ceremonies) together with the secretary of the International Office.
Besides basic competences as empathy, verbal communication, integrity and result orientation, we are looking for candidates with the following qualities:
● a fully completed bachelor’s degree, minimum level University of Applied Science (hbo), strong preference for a law degree
● flexible availability
● demonstrable knowledge of both English and Dutch at CEFR C1-level
● ability to work independently as well as in a team
● ample experience in similar positions
● experience in working with databases.
The Faculty of Law of the University of Groningen is a modern, internationally oriented institution, which builds on a longstanding tradition of almost four centuries. The Faculty continues to innovate its education constantly to be able to train broadly oriented and skilled lawyers. Its research is for a large part transcending areas of law and multidisciplinary. The Faculty has the ambition to measure itself with the best law universities in Europe. It offers several (inter)national bachelor and master programmes and with more than 4,900 students and almost 400 staff members, the Faculty forms a vibrant community.
The Office for Student Affairs
The Office for Student Affairs (OSA/’DOS’) is responsible for supporting students, but also to organise the education and prepares policy to support this organisation. OSA has about 40 colleagues who:
● ensure that all education is properly planned and scheduled in
● our (prospective) students, both national and international, are informed and supported properly
● the exam results and degree certificates are processed properly
● our quality assurance is properly organised.
Conditions of employment
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
● a minimum salary of € 2,968 and a maximum salary of € 4,078 (scale 9) gross a month on a full-time basis in accordance with your education and experience
● a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and an 8.3% year-end bonus
● an initial period of 1 year (with a possibility for extension).
This vacancy is open for Talent Travellers. That means that internal candidates with permanent employment within the University of Groningen can apply for this position. If it is possible, they can make arrangements with their supervisor to fulfill the position temporarily. With this opportunity their talents will be developed and broadened.
You may apply for this position until 28 October 11.59pm / before 29 October 2021 00.00h Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Your letter of application and CV should be written in English. The interviews will be in Dutch and in English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For information you can contact:
- Kirsten Wolkotte, Coördinator International Office, +31 50 363 52 43, k.c.wolkotte rug.nl
Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications.