Secretary: International Strategy and Relations (0.6-0.8 FTE) (221476E)
• you will handle incoming and outgoing correspondence (both digital and physical mail in English and Dutch) and will respond to emails yourself or forward them on
• you will work closely with and for the Head of the Department: you will manage their agenda and anticipate any upcoming appointments We expect that you will be able to prioritize your tasks independently
• you will prepare meetings, ensure suitable meeting locations and book appropriate catering options You will also take minutes for many of these meetings, including the weekly team meeting (in English)
• before the meetings, you will send any relevant documents to the Board of the University, among other participants
• you will be responsible for answering the Department’s telephone (in both English and Dutch)
• you will help the team to prepare for international exchanges/conferences and for both incoming and outgoing visits (hotel bookings, visa guarantee letters, scheduling, etc.)
• you will play a supporting role in projects and programmes that are of strategic interest like ENLIGHT and the Strategic Partner Framework.
• the Department of ISR collaborates intensively with internal and external partners. All of these parties require different approaches and you will be expected to calculate which approach is desirable and appropriate for each situation
• you will be the Garden Wing contact point for visitors and staff and will assist in resolving all questions that may be posed by staff, such as questions about NS Business Cards, office supplies, etc.
In brief, you will offer secretarial support to the Head of the Department and to the departmental staff and will ensure that everything runs smoothly.
For this position, we are looking for an enthusiastic and decisive secretary who satisfies the following requirements:
• at least: a completed MBO 4 qualification, for example in office management, and a few years’ worth of experience in the field
• good command of spoken and written English and Dutch
• plenty of knowledge and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MyCorsa Nxt
• an enterprising attitude, the ability to handle stress, a feel for different types of relations, punctuality and accuracy.
The University of Groningen ranks among the best European research universities and is internationally focused. We are societally active and feel engaged within our environment. Our staff put their academic passion to good use, researching and teaching in a wide range of fields. Everyone has the opportunity to develop their talents to the full. The talents, ambitions and achievements of the 36,000 students and 7,500 members of staff are rewarded wherever possible.
International Strategy and Relations (ISR)
The Department of International Strategy and Relations (ISR) is responsible for formulating and implementing the internationalization policy of the UG, in close dialogue with the faculties and service units. The Department of ISR is the first point of contact in the area of internationalization, both internally (for UG faculties and service units) and externally (for national and international partner institutions, umbrella organizations and agencies). The Department is a component of the Office of the University and collaborates with all the other policy departments within the Office.
The Department is a compact central policy department and concentrates mainly on policy forming, policy advice, programme management, monitoring and international relations management.
The Department of ISR is led by a Head who falls directly under the management of the Office of the University. The Department currently has 10 staff members, who work in the Garden Wing of the Academy Building.
Conditions of employment
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a minimum salary of € 2.329 and a maximum salary of € 3.144 (salary scale 7) gross per month for a full-time position based on qualifications and experience. In time, a position in scale 8 will be a possibility
• an employment contract for the duration of 1 year, for 0.6 FTE. An evaluation will take place within that year to assess whether the prospect of extending the contract for another temporary period or for an indefinite period is possible.
The position is ranked as Secretary 2 in the University Job Ranking System (UFO). You can find more information about our terms of employment on the VSNU and CAO websites (also in English): http://www.vsnu.nl.
Starting date: as soon as possible.
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae.
You can submit your application until 12 August 11:59pm / before 13 August 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For information you can contact:
- Mr Mervin Bakker, Head of ISR, mervin.bakker rug.nl
Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications.