Communications professional for the Aletta Jacobs School of Public Health (221458)
AJSPH is looking for a new communications professional. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience in the field of external communications and marketing. The tasks mainly focus on developing and maintaining the communications channels of AJSPH, writing blog posts (conducting interviews with researchers), designing communication outings such as flyers and banners, project management, and organizing events.
The officer will also work on and develop plans that strengthen the visibility of AJSPH. Other responsibilities include leading or participating in communication and marketing projects and connecting with stakeholders within and outside AJSPH (e.g. UMCG and the municipality).
We are looking for a new colleague, a real team player. The new colleague will mainly focus on external communications and marketing. The following skills, abilities and qualifications are required:
- university level, Bachelor’s degree; preferably trained in the field of communications and/or marketing
- independent, proactive and creative
- affinity with the area of health
- excellent proficiency in English ánd Dutch language
- capable of creating content, based on research results for different formats, e.g. blog, graphic design video, website content, events
- capable of working with Adobe programs such as Indesign and Photoshop
- capable of creating visibility for AJSPH via a variety of (social) channels (internal, external)
- flexible and team-oriented
- good team worker, with a results-oriented and creative attitude and excellent communication (incl writing) and collaboration skills (including intercultural skills)
- demonstrable experience in project work (events, design, video productions)
- demonstrable communication experience (website, intranet, campaigns, press releases, videos, interviews, key messages, new media).
Important roles: writer, designer, motivator, team player, networker, 'do-er'
The Aletta Jacobs School of Public Health (AJSPH) - a joint partnership of the University of Groningen, UMCG and the Hanze University of Applied Sciences - is the proud flag-bearer of healthy ageing in the Northern Netherlands. The AJSPH is a network of researchers and partners with one single goal: more healthy years. Rooted in fundamental research, we actively convey our knowledge and expertise through education, consultancy and integral collaborations. We act locally, regionally and internationally, with the ambition to create impact on a global scale.
Conditions of employment
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary depending on qualifications and work experience, starting from a minimum of € 2,656 gross per month (salary scale 8) to a maximum of € 3,548 gross per month (salary scale 8) for a full-time position
- a 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees.
This temporary employment is for one year, starting from September. Depending on performance and developments in the organization there is the possibility of an extension.
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae.
You can submit your application until 22 August 11:59pm / before 23 August 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For information you can contact:
- Frederic van Kleef, Managing Director, frederic.van.kleef rug.nl
- Josine Kremer, Communications office, j.j.kremer rug.nl
Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications.