Tenure Track Assistant Professorship in Econometrics (1.0 FTE) (221358)
You conduct independent research and aim to publish in high-ranked international journals in the field of Econometrics. The scope of your research can be broad and may include topics such as data science, machine learning, high-dimensional statistics, computationally intensive methods, possibly including applications to real-world data.
You have good teaching skills and are interested in developing these further. You will contribute to the courses in the BSc and MSc programs offered by the Department, in particular in the fields of Econometrics and Statistics. Moreover, you are involved in the supervision of Bachelor’s and Master’s theses.
We encourage you to apply if you meet the next qualifications:
● a PhD in Economics or Statistics with specialization in Econometrics
● a relevant research record with the potential to publish in top tier econometrics, finance and/or economics journals
● teaching experience, preferably in Econometrics
● a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) or the willingness to obtain this qualification
● a social, positive and dedicated attitude
● organizational qualities and good communicative skills; and
● ambition to develop an international network of professional contacts.
The Department of Economics, Econometrics and Finance of the University of Groningen is looking for a Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Econometrics.
The University of Groningen, founded in 1614, has a strong focus on research. We are in the top 100 of several influential university ranking lists. The Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) is one of the largest faculties of the University with approximately 7,000 students. It has a strong international reputation and is AACSB and EQUIS accredited. The Department of Economics, Econometrics and Finance (EEF), embedded in the FEB, is an active and international research community, performing at the highest international level in terms of research and publications.
The Department is responsible for courses in several Bachelor, Master and PhD programs. This includes a separate Bachelor's and Master’s program in Econometrics and Operations Research as well as a Faculty-wide Research Master program.
Conditions of employment
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 3,746 to a maximum of € 5,127 gross per month (salary scale 11)
- an 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees. Favorable tax treatment may apply to non-Dutch applicants. Finally, we offer paid holiday leave of 29 days for a full time position.
The chosen candidate will be appointed for a period of seven years. This period includes a one-year buffer to cover life events such as illness or parental leave. On the basis of a positive final evaluation in the fifth or sixth year of employment, the candidate will be granted tenure. The Tenure Track system is a career path which, followed successfully, will lead to a tenured position as associate professor. The tenure track system 2020 applies.
Starting date: preferably 1 September 2021; in mutual consultation a specific agreement can be made
You are requested to submit:
1. A motivation letter
2. A complete and recent curriculum vitae
3. At least two letters of recommendation (to be sent by email to m.a.koolman rug.nl)
4. One self-selected “best paper”; and
5. Teaching evaluations.
Please submit your application for this position until 27 June 23:59 pm / before 28 June (Central European Time) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/ and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For information you can contact:
- Prof. Niels Hermes, Head of department, c.l.m.hermes rug.nl
Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications.