Programme manager GDCC (0.8-1.0 FTE) (220442E)
The University Groningen Library (UB) and the Center for Information Technology (CIT) of the University of Groningen work closely together in providing support for researchers and students in the field of FAIR research data management.
To benefit the new, soon-to-be established Groningen Digital Competence Center (GDCC), the hub for FAIR research data support at the University of Groningen, we are looking for a programme manager.
The programme manager will lead a team of professionals (data stewards and data engineers as well as communications staff). The GDCC will start as a joint programme of the University Groningen Library and the Center for Information Technology, in close collaboration with other service units and the faculty data stewards. The aim is for the GDCC to be embedded in the existing organization in around two years’ time. Together with the executive committee and the steering group, the programme manager will lay out the guiding principles for the Center and translate these into practise. The programme manager will be involved in relevant national and international fora regarding FAIR research data management and will maintain contact with the DCC at the UMCG.
As the programme manager, you will be responsible for:
● establishing and further developing the organization of the GDCC
● organizing the embedding of the GDCC within the University
● gearing the service provision to the faculties
● gearing the service provision to the UGL and CIT
● providing solicited and unsolicited advice to the faculties and steering group
● initiating the provision of new services
● establishing the GDCC as a powerful brand
● actively contributing to national debate and international discussion on research data management and FAIR data
● promoting collaboration with other DCCs (at universities, university medical centers and thematic DCCs).
As a programme manager, you must be a uniting leader and team player and should possess:
● demonstrable relevant leadership experience
● organizational sensitivity
● strategic insight
● knowledge of and experience with research is a bonus
● substantive knowledge of FAIR research data management and FAIR data
● good spoken and written communication skills in both English and Dutch.
The University of Groningen ranks among the best European research universities and is internationally focused. The UG is societally active and committed to its surroundings. Our staff put their academic passion to good use, researching and teaching in a wide range of fields. Everyone has the opportunity to develop their talents to the full. The talents, ambitions and achievements of students and staff members are stimulated wherever possible.
Conditions of employment
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
● a salary of a maximum of € 5,826 gross (salary scale 12) per month for a full-time position, depending on qualifications and experience
● a holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% of your gross annual income
● a temporary employment contract for the duration of two years depending on organisational developments and job performance, it may be possible to convert your temporary employment contract to an employment contract for an indefinite period after two years.
Starting date: 1 April 2021
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• letter of application
• curriculum vitae.
You can submit your application until 31 January 11:59pm / before 1 February 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website). Only submissions via the application form will be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), http://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For information you can contact:
- Marijke Verheij, CIT Research domain manager, m.g.t.verheij rug.nl
- Jan Herman Veldkamp, UB Back Office section Head, j.h.veldkamp rug.nl
Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications.