Secretary School of Science and Engineering, Pharmacy cluster (0.8 FTE) (220330)
The secretary will be appointed at the SSE. The secretary will support the
SSE Pharmacy lecturers and the programme directors that belong to the SSE. She/he will collaborate closely with the educational support of the Pharmacy cluster and of the FSE as a whole.
The tasks comprise:
• execute administrative supportive and triage activities
• management of appointments and electronic agendas
• occasionally take notes of meetings, both in English and Dutch
• redact, process, compose business correspondence and reports, and provide information to external parties, employees, and students
• support the organisation of the courses via Nestor environment
• organise guest lecturers for master courses
• contribute to the organisation of internships and courses in collaboration with the responsible lecturers.
• havo/vwo level, preferably supplemented with a secretarial education
• experience in an independent secretarial job or similar
• skills with electronic supportive systems (Nestor)
• excellent interpersonal and communicative skills
• excellent command of both Dutch and English.
Competences: accurate, proactive, flexible, stress resistant.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) is with its size of over 1,500 staff members, 6,000 students, and over 800 PhD students the largest faculty of the University of Groningen. The School of Science and Engineering (SSE) is within FSE responsible for the education in the bachelor and the master programmes, as well as for the implementation of faculty and university policy regarding students and educational development.
The Pharmacy cluster comprises three programmes. The bachelor programme Pharmacy is an international English taught programme and comprises about 400 students. The master programme Pharmacy (three years) is a Dutch taught programme and comprises about 200 students. The research master programme Medical Pharmaceutical Sciences (two years) is an international English taught programme and comprises about 45 students. A programme director is responsible for each programme. Teaching activities are carried out by staff from the Groningen Research Institute of Pharmacy (GRIP) and by lecturers belonging to the SSE.
Conditions of employment
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- depending on level and experience a salary of minimum € 2,052 and maximum € 2,853 (salary scale 6) gross per month by a full-time appointment
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income an 8.3% year-end bonus
- a contract for a period of 1 year, with a prospect of an extension after a positive evaluation.
You may apply for this position until 22 October 23.59 h / before 23 October 2020 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), http://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714 and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For information you can contact:
- Herman Woerdenbag, h.j.woerdenbag rug.nl
Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications.