Tenure Track Assistant Professor Precision Drug Therapy (1.0 FTE) (220184)
The Tenure Track position of Assistant Professor Precision Drug Therapy (Precisie Farmacotherapie) is opened within the Faculty of Science and Engineering and will be embedded in the department PharmacoTherapy, -Epidemiology & -Economics (PTEE) of the Groningen Research Institute of Pharmacy (GRIP; http://www.rug.nl/grip). The successful candidate will join a dynamic, multidisciplinary, group of researchers in this department, stemming from the disciplines of pharmacotherapy, pharmacogenetics, pharmacoeconomics, clinical pharmacology, clinical pharmacy, and clinical pharmacoepidemiology. We are active in research focusing on studies using “real world” health care data. We have access to various databases and recently started a collaboration with the Lifelines cohort study, genetic department and our in-house prescription database IADB.nl called Pharmlines Initiative. This tenure-track position will complement the existing research lines in the department PTEE (https://www.rug.nl/research/grip/pharmacotherapy-epidemiology-and-economics/) and create new collaborative opportunities.
• development of an independent, AI & Big Data/ pharmacoepidemiological/ statistical, research programme in the field of Precision Drug Therapy; the research should compete on a worldwide level and lead to publications in top journals
• acquisition of external research funds
• teaching in undergraduate- and graduate-level courses (to an averaged maximum of 30% of the time)
• supervision of BSc, MSc, and PhD students
• contribution to organisation and management within the department and institute, for example by participating in working groups and committees, in the fields of teaching, research and management.
• a PhD degree and minimally two years postdoctoral experience abroad
• excellent research qualities in relevant specific areas of AI, statistics, epidemiology, as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and renowned conferences, and a relevant international network
• teaching and organisational experience appropriate to career stage.
• a team player with good communications skills
• able to acquire substantial research grants from external sources
• willing to fulfill the requirements for the University Teaching .
• willing to learn the Dutch language (if applicable).
Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative centre of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Balanced study and career paths in a wide variety of disciplines encourage currently more than 32.000 students and researchers to develop their own individual talents. Belonging to the best research universities in Europe and the top 100 universities in the world (see our ranking: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/where-do-we-stand/rankings), the University of Groningen is truly an international place of knowledge.
Conditions of employment
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a gross monthly salary dependent on qualifications and work experience from € 3,637 (salary scale 11) up to a maximum of € 5,686 (scale 12) for a full-time position
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income an 8.3% year-end bonus
- an appointment initially for a maximum of 7 years at the level of tenure track assistant professor. The successful candidate will participate in the career track of the Faculty of Science and Engineering known as Career Paths in Science. After 5 years, there will be an assessment of performance based on established criteria. If the outcome of the assessment is positive, the assistant professor will be promoted to associate professor with tenure. There will be another assessment at the end of a further 4-7 -year period for the promotion to full professor.
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
• a letter of motivation
• a curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
• a list of five self-selected ‘best papers’
• a statement about teaching goals and experience and a description of scientific interest and plans
• the names of three references complete with title and contact information.
You can submit your application until 13 August 11:59pm / before 14 August 2020 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We have adopted an active policy to increase the number of female scientists across all disciplines of the university. Therefore, women are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), http://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714 and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For information you can contact:
- Prof. B. Wilffert, Department chair, b.wilffert rug.nl
Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications.