If you want to create your professional network and get a job position within the university, understanding and speaking Dutch is necessary for almost all staff positions.
At the University of Groningen (UG), except for academic positions, it is often required to have a good knowledge of Dutch, a B1 level at least. This level ensures that you can deal with UG rules, regulations, procedures, directions and systems which are in Dutch.
To have access to vacancies at the UG, please note that as a registered partner of Dual Career Support you can apply for internal vacancies as a regular UG employee. If you need more information, please contact dualcareer rug.nl
Here below you can see the websites which offer job opportunities or working experiences.
- Job opportunities at the University of Groningen
- English vacancies at the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG)
- Dutch vacancies at the UMCG
- Make it to the North: The job portal for international talent in the North. YOu can also find information about career events
- International vacancies of Holland Alumni Network (in cooperation with Indeed)
- At Euraxess , you can find thousands of job offers and funding opportunities for researchers at European universities and research organizations.
- At EURES, the Job Mobility Portal (and more) of the European Union you can find job opportunities in the European Union, including The Netherlands.
- Noorderlink is the Human Resources collaboration of the largest organizations in Groningen, Friesland en Drenthe (unfortunately the website is only in the Dutch language). You can register for their vacancy email service by clicking on 'houd mij op de hoogte van de vacatures' at the bottom of the page. Please fill in your 'voornaam' (first) name, 'achternaam' (last name) and email address. You will then receive the confirmation 'abonnement succesvol aangemaakt (registration completed).
- Noorderlink offers also work experience places (werkervaringsplaatsen) that are available at companies that have joined Noorderlink. Although t he primary target group for the work experience places are young people up to 26 years without work experience, they are also open to partners of Dual Career Support. If you are interested, please contact our Noorderlink contact person ms. Mireille Galama at galama noorderlink.nl and ms. Harrianne ter Meer at h.a.ter.meer rug.nl . (Do not follow the regular procedure on the website). Please mention in your email the following information: the number of the work experience place, the fact that you are registered as a partner at Dual-Career Support and the reason why you would like to apply for this place and which learning goals you would like to set for yourself for this period.
- Tempo Team is the so called ‘preferred supplier’ of the RUG and offers temporary work, sometimes specifically for non-Dutch speakers. Experience shows that mastering Dutch is essential in most cases. Are you interested in a vacancy, please contact via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 050-3689065.
- Welcome2NLResearch provides you with information on where to look for (research) job openings in The Netherlands. It offers also all kinds of useful information, regarding topics such as work, housing, insurance and documentation. Download the (free!) app in the App Store and Google Play.
Are you interested in a working position at the UG?
Gaining up-to-date working experience is one of the means of increasing job opportunities. A RUG Experience position (REP) is a non-paid voluntary position. It gives you possibilities to gain work experience in a Dutch and international work environment, it helps you expand your network and practice the Dutch language at the workplace.
|Last modified:||24 September 2020 10.15 a.m.|