Erasmus+ and Partner Universities
The UMCG has several agreements (Erasmus and others) with universities all over the world.
- Individual agreements with partners from outside of Europe.
The International office of your own faculty can give you more specific information about these agreements, (possible) scholarships and the application procedure.
A s a student coming from one of our Erasmus+ or Partner Universities, you cannot apply as a freemover. You must be selected and introduced to us by the contact person at your faculty.
When you have been selected for the Erasmus+ scholarship, there are some documents that have to be filled out. This is the responsibility of the Erasmus coordinator at your own faculty. The application for a clinical internship or research project can be sent to the International Office by e-mail together with the filled out and signed learning agreement. After the internship or project has been arranged, we will sign and stamp the learning agreement and send it back by e-mail.
Research is only possible for a period of at least 5 or more months and students should add a motivation concerning the type of research and the subject that they are interested in.
Mind that we will only consider a request after we have received the filled out Erasmus document from the Erasmus Officer at your faculty at least 3 months before the planned starting date.
If you are a student from one of our partner universities the International Liaison Officer of your faculty can contact the International Office of the UMCG in order to arrange for an internship or a researchproject.
Language requirements for students from Partner universities
Candidates whose native language is not English must provide adequate evidence of proficiency in English. We accept the following tests/ documents:
- computer TOEFL: score of at least 237, all sections sufficient (so at least 21 on each section), and a TWE of at least 4.5; or,
- paper TOEFL:score of at least 580, all sections sufficient (so at least 55 on each section), and a TWE of at least 4.5; or,
- internet TOEFL: score of at least 92, all sections sufficient (so at least 21 on each section); or,
- IELTS Academic (British Council’s English Language Test), original only: score of at least 6.5, all sections sufficient (so at least 6.0 on each section); or,
- CPE, Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English; or,
- CAE, Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English.
Only those whose native language is English are exempted from evidence of proficiency in English.
Unfortunately we cannot any guarantee that we will be able to arrange the clerkship, even if you are from one of our partner universities or when you have been selected for an Erasmus scholarship. It all depends on the available capacity in the UMCG and for each individual request we will have to contact the department(s) of your preference. In some cases we might offer you a clerkship in a department that was not amongst the options you gave us. Further, bear in mind that some departments might have their own specific demands regarding language or motivation, f.e. the Surgery department demands that you have done a Dutch language course before your arrival.
|Laatst gewijzigd:||18 mei 2017 10:53|