1. Success factors of economic growth in Korea
Coordinated by dr. Sunkung Choi, this course is offered at the Faculty of Economics and Business for those interested in Korean Studies. MA East Asian Studies students and others, please contact your course coordinator how to apply for these courses:
· Understand the specific cases of the Korean multinationals.
· Understand the cross-cultural differences in consumer behavior through the cases of South Korea.
· Ability to apply and connect theories to specific cases.
· Ability to formulate a relevant academic question through course presentations and discussions.
How did Samsung and LG became one of the biggest producers of electronic goods in the world? How Hyundai survived in the world car industry? Why Walmart failed in the Korean market while Tesco survived? By exploring the case studies of South Korean multinationals and multinationals doing business in South Korea, this course wants to offer the students an opportunity to understand Korean economy and business environment. The course will also discuss the Asian economic crisis in 1997 and the corporate reform to understand the globalization of Korean economy and Korean multinationals more on ocasys . . .
2. Korea in the East Asian Region, a comparative economic approach
· Understanding of basic terms and concepts of political economy.
· Understanding of the development history of the South Korean economy.
· Ability to apply and connect economic theories and concept to specific cases through the examples of Korea.
· Ability to formulate relevant academic questions through the course presentations and discussions.
South Korea was one of the poorest countries in the world after the Korean war in 1950s. Now South Korea has become one of the leading industrial countries in the world. Korea’s economic development history of the last decades appears to be a good example for developing countries to follow. This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge of development experience of the Korean economy and contemporary issues of the current Korean economy. In specific, the government strategy and policies for economic growth, challenges for sustainable growth, and the side effects of rapid economic growth will be discussed in addition more information in ocasys . . .
Prof. dr. Theunis Piersma, hoogleraar Trekvogelecologie aan de Rijksuniversiteit Groningen en waddenbioloog bij het Koninklijk Nederlands Instituut voor Onderzoek der Zee (NIOZ), heeft de prestigieuze ‘Marsh Award for International Ornithology’ gewonnen...
Prof. Klaas van Berkel presenteert op 27 oktober het tweede deel van de Universiteit van het Noorden, een driedelige geschiedenis van vier eeuwen Rijksuniversiteit Groningen. Centraal in het tweede deel (1876-1945) staat de transformatie van de universiteit...