Participation in Research Colloquia and Activities
Students can participate in activities – guest lectures, research presentations and so on – of the research theme groups within the Research Centre for Arts in Society of the Groningen Research Institute for the Study of Culture (ICOG):
- Art and Institutional Change (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Art, Medium, and Moving Images (contact: email@example.com)
- Narrative in/and Art (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Arts, Culture, and Cognition (contact: email@example.com)
- The Objects of Art + Architecture (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Beyond Horizons in Cultural Transfer (contact: email@example.com)
- Cultural Landscape (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Research Assistans Programme
If you are a talented and motivated student who started in September with the research master's track Literary and Cultural Studies, you can apply for a paid position of one day a week at the university. Parallel to your courses, you will participate in an (interdisciplinary) project and do research that relates to the theme Sustainable Society.
Read more about the Research Assistants Programme positions.
It is possible for research master students to participate in seminars, courses and summer schools organized by the Dutch national research schools.
These 'schools' are organized for the training of PhD and research MA students. You need to select 10 ECTS (usually 2 x 5 ECTS) from their programme offer. They also organize a variety of research related events and activities, in which you are, in most cases, very welcome as a research master student. These events give you the opportunity to deepen your disciplinary profile and to become acquainted with leading researchers and with peers in your field.