Free online Introduction to Dutch MOOC
International students and professionals who are interested in the Netherlands can now register for the free Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) Introduction to Dutch , available world-wide on Futurelearn.com
Introduction to Dutch, which was developed by the University of Groningen Language Centre, is aimed at prospective students and staff of the University, international professionals who intend to live and work in the Netherlands and people from other countries with an interest in the Dutch language. The course introduces participants to the basics of the Dutch language, and gives background information on the city of Groningen, the University of Groningen and the region as a whole.
What's the Course about?
Introduction to Dutch takes three weeks and is intended for anyone who wants to learn Dutch or is planning to visit the Netherlands for work, a study programme or a holiday. Participants do not need prior knowledge of Dutch before starting the course. The subjects covered include introducing yourself and talking about family, friends, work or studies. The course also includes short films giving a general impression of home and working life in the Netherlands. Participants can purchase a statement of participation once they have finished the course.
How to register?
Registration is free via www.futurelearn.com/courses/dutch. Next courses:
- 20 November - 11 December 2017
Telephone: +31 (0)50 3635802
- 2016: netinnederland.nl, Civilian initiatives especially for newcomers
- NOS.nl, 26 February 2015, '20.000 mensen willen 'hallo' en 'tot ziens' leren zeggen'
- RTV Noord, 26 February 2015, 'RUG-cursus Nederlands krijgt 20.000 aanmeldingen uit hele wereld'
- NU.nl, 26 February 2015, 'Gratis online cursus Nederlands van RUG wereldwijd gewild'
- Telegraaf, 26 February 2015, 'Nederlandse les is wereldwijd gewild'
- Unifocus, 25 February 2015, 'Dutch course takes over the world'
- Dagblad van het Noorden, 29 January 2015, 'Interview with Margriet Hidding, project leader for the MOOC Introduction to Dutch'
|Last modified:||18 September 2017 4.01 p.m.|