University Lecturer (UD) Infrastructure Planning (1,0 fte)(211179)
The Faculty of Spatial Sciences at the University of Groningen (RUG) consists of 85 members of staff and focuses on high quality teaching and research in the fields of spatial planning, economic and cultural geography and demography. The Department of Spatial Planning and Environment has a research agenda which centers on the relationships between institutional innovation and the spatial transformation of the built environment. The Department is responsible for 1 Bachelor and two Master programmes. In lecturing the Department focuses amongst others on the planning of infrastructure, traffic, transport & mobility.
- develops and coordinates courses in infrastructure planning at bachelor and master levels
- integrates research into teaching
- will contribute to and has a drive to enhancing the Bachelor and Master programs in Spatial Planning
- will take part in mentoring and evaluating theses of students.
With regard to research the University Lecturer:
- conducts innovative research in the field of infrastructure planning
- participates in the Department's and Faculty's research programs
- will actively invest in obtaining externally funded research projects
- and above all: will publish in international journals of high academic appreciation.
With regard to managerial, administrative and other tasks the University Lecturer:
- will take a responsibility in one or more Faculty committees related to the educational programs
- represents the Faculty and Department at various events.
Overall the University Lecturer:
- will invest 40% of his/her time in research, and another 60% in education.
- has a PhD in Infrastructure planning, Spatial planning, Geography, Civil engineering, Management, Administration and decision-making, Transport and infrastructure design, Urban design, or any other field which relates to Spatial planning and Infrastructure, traffic, transport & mobility
- has knowledge of the infrastructure planning either of The Netherlands or globally, its eye catching cases and the methodologies being conducted
- has knowledge of the academic debate on spatial planning & infrastructure, traffic, transport & mobility and has a strong drive taking part in it
- has experience in scientific research and has proven capabilities in publishing at an international academic level
- has strong interest in the conceptual and institutional side to planning.
- is creative and innovative
- is driven to become a major player in the field of planning & infrastructure, traffic, transport & mobility
- has a network of connections in the field of infrastructure planning
- is willing to invest in external relations and in participating in external projects, events and presentations, representing the Faculty and Department
- has experience in lecturing and in developing suitable courses
- has experience in various lecturing approaches and is aware of and willing to use the latest innovations in lecturing techniques
- has a vision on academic teaching and how to improve this
- has the ability to make and maintain appreciated contacts with students and fellow lecturers
- has a strong drive to share ideas with, to give energy to and to invest in colleagues and students.
The full time appointment is temporary for a specified period of three years.
Starting date: as soon as possible.
Voor informatie kunt u contact opnemen met:
Prof. G. de Roo, Professor in Planning and Head of Department of Spatial Planning & Environment,+31 50 3633895, email@example.com
|Last modified:||October 30, 2012 11:33|