Would you like to specialize in a specific topic and enhance your learning experience? Together with fellow students and professionals you can dive deeper into a topic that has your personal interest or passion and gain more insights and relevant skills.
In FEB’s learning communities, students of various levels, backgrounds and ages will work together, coach and challenge each other, and enhance each other’s learning experiences. It is an extracurricular activity that will be very valuable in demonstrating your ability to engage in collaborative projects with the corporate world. It enables you to develop specific skills like project management, coaching, tool development, interviewing, negotiating, and networking, which help you to prepare for your future career.
Main benefits for you
- Gaining hands-on experience & perspective
- Offering unique learning experiences outside of the classroom
- Sharing knowledge between students and professionals from various backgrounds and levels
- Getting insights in specific topics
Topics Semester 1 | September 2017
- Silicon Valley Expedition
- Social Impact Assessment, with focus on Groninger Earthquakes
- Integrated Reporting for SME’s
- Innovations in Small and Medium Sized Enterprises
- Sustainable City Logistics
- Women in Business: Diversity-Management Skills
- Digital Mapping of International Companies in the Northern Netherlands
- New Business Development in Africa | follow up
- Programming | follow up
How does it work?
- What: Each team is responsible for a project that in principle must be completed by the end of the semester. Together with the lecturer/coordinator, you might schedule weekly project meetings and organise interviews, company visits and training sessions.
- When: Kick-off is usually the second or third week of September or February, depending on the semester. Communities then run for 5 months, from September until January or from February until June, not including exam weeks.
- Where: FEB Careers Company project rooms
- Who: Students from all FEB programmes and all levels may apply (BSc, Pre-MSc, MSc, Exchange, PhD). In FEB’s learning communities, students of various levels, backgrounds and ages will work together, coach and challenge each other, and enhance each other’s learning experiences. Staff, external business relations, and alumni will join and provide support and access to information and resources.
- Investment : It requires a time investment of approximately 2-4 hours a week. Travel expenses made when visiting companies or other external parties will be reimbursed.
- Application details: You can sign up and share your motivation using this web form. The number of students for each project is limited.
If you are interested in participating in a learning community in the future and would like more information , please contact Marjan van Ittersum via firstname.lastname@example.org
FEB’s learning communities are offered to you as a special career service by the FEB Careers Company.
|Laatst gewijzigd:||23 juni 2017 17:00|